Im not supposed to be blogging cos im at work.. but I have this sudden urge to blog about erm - nothing. Ok.. maybe my weekend.. and many other things. My weekend was fun.. went to a friend's brother's wedding. And that friend happens to be a distant relative too so my family was there too. Anyway... I was bombarded with the inevitable question - Are you the one getting married next month? Like hello.. cant they look at me.. if I'm getting married next mth, I wouldnt be in this shape and size (if i can help it)! Anyway.. I just answered politely, telling them that my sister is the one getting married next month. And of course these people being uber busybodies have to ask the next inevitable question - When's ur turn? Sigh. Exactly. The very question I ask myself too at every wedding. Damn. And next month, come my sister's wedding, more idiots will ask me that same question. I wonder too.. WHEN IS MY TURN? I see people - friends and relatives of my age and those slightly older, getting married and having children. And I envy them while they tell me they envy me my freedom. But Im 26. I dont want freedom.. erm.. or maybe I still do. But my maternal instincts? My biological clock. Damn. I so want a baby. Even Angelina Jolie has her own baby.. and hot lips and lotsa money and a sexy partner and a cfm body and many more. Ok Ok.. I shouldnt say that. I mean look around.. everybody is like getting married and having legitimate children and even more legitimate fucks (pardon me). It's fucking boring sitting on this shelf. Im tired of playing around. I want to sit in the kitchen, trying to cook while reading a cookbook and with my lil toddler running around the house, making a damn mess (of course in my head there is a maid to clean that up!) and saying 'Mammma! Mamma!' and other adorable baby noises (and of course in my head the baby doesnt wake up at 3am crying his/her lungs out). But I dont care.. I WANT A BABY. Pls fertilize me. Someone. But .. pls fill in the form first and attach a copy of your nric (so ill know what race my baby will be) and a copy of your payslip (so ill know if we can afford a maid, Coach clutches and Jimmy Choos!). It's not on a first come first served basis. A nice voice (so that you can sing lullabies for the baby and ME) and good taste in music (so we can headbang together or go to concerts together) will be better. And oh yes.. you must love or be able to tolerate hindi movies and chickflicks and man the baby while I sob my head off. You should also be able to tolerate my temper and fickle mindedness. You should be able to make me feel good. You must make me laugh at least 28 (cos it's a nice no) times a day. You must have a strong heart (so you wont have a coronary everytime I scream cos Coldplay/Arcade Fire or other bands are coming to Singapore or cos I saw a moth or erm ok I scream a lot so you better not be a neurotic). Ok enough nonsense for now.. Ive gotta go back to work.. otherwise Ill never get to finish all these stuff.. sigh.
~your smile made the difference~
--6/14/2006 06:57:00 PM--