..it is very embarassing for me to even say it. I believe most of you have been to Long John Silver, right? And I believe you noticed that there is a bell for the customers to ring if they think your service is good, right? Well.. my department has adopted that as well! If you were to receive a compliment from a customer(over the phone), you are supposed to walk to a bell and ring it! And everybody in the office(yes.. all 100 or more, I think) is supposed to clap. How stupid is that? Who would want to ring the bell? Anyway, one of my poor colleagues received a compliment from a customer and the manager happened to listen to the phonecall. Yesss.. the poor colleague was dragged.. let me repeat.. she was DRAGGED to the bell and had to ring it. She was blushing like mad and ran away right after she rang the bell. There were people clapping(including me, cos she's my team mate)and there were also some laughters(cos it is stupid!!). Poor colleague of mine. I think the management have gone cuckoos. Either that, or they love Long John Silver so much they are trying to create the Long John Silver ambience in the office.
OK.. guess what? Another guy rang the bell while I was typing this. He looked horribly embarassed! The management have really gone cuckoos! Nobody would want to receive compliments from customers anymore. Certainly not me! But I dont want any complaints either. *Grins*
~your smile made the difference~
--5/30/2005 05:00:00 PM--