I was walking towards the laksa stall (best in spore) when i heard somebody calling my name. The person has a deep voice that i cant recognize. I had to do a dramatic 360 degrees turn. It took me abt 30 second to register the face. And when i do, i was speechless. It was my ex, the one who i was with for 4 1/2yrs. Not really an amicable separation though.
Anyway, to continue, i was darn shocked. We went thru the normal conversation long (but not lost)friends (?) make ie. "where are you working", "what are you doing" etc. And as we speak, i keep moving further away from him. It was so weird. I mean, it is like he is somebody i know but yet i dont know. He even sound weird, not like the way he used too or was it because it was too long ago. I almost went up to him to touch his face cause i dont know if it is real. It is totally weird and my mind was so confused. And i did the biggest boo-boo i could do in 2004, i said "Happy Advance Birthday". Stupid aint it, when his Birthday is on 28 June. Stupid, stupid me! Then he asked "Wow you remember ah?". (Of course i do.. firstly i have a gd memory and secondly, Fendy's birthday is on 21 June and another ex of mine is on 26 June) I could feel my face turn red and hot. I just kept quiet and smiled and just walked further. Then i said, "Okie, bubbye!"
Stupid me.... *sigh*.. never knew what i was thinking cause i never expect to bump into him and thus never know what to say. But anyway, after i walk away to my laksa, i managed to get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Hrmmphh.. oily face, fading lipstick, messy & frizzy hair..nuff said. Wished i had bumped into him in the morning, when i look close to impeccable and presentable. Well, you always meet ppl you dont want to when you are at your worst.
~your smile made the difference~
--5/27/2004 05:05:00 PM--